Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Sawgrass Recreational Park







We were busy this weekend trying to get all the things in we wanted to do before leaving. We've been talking about going on an airboat ride, so we did! It was pretty cool. Kind of loud, but we did get to see an alligator! You really can't see it very well, but he's in there hiding in the grass. The guide said there was approx 11 inches between the eyes, so he was approx 11 feet! That was the first alligator that we have seen down here!!










After the boat ride, there were some animals, like a zoo. Calvin got to hold a baby alligator.









2 comments:

Iowa State Fans said...

Looks like fun although I don't think i would purposely go looking for alligators.

I can't wait to see pics of your new pad......granite.....wow!

Glad you are back home safe and sound :) Call me when you have time!

Iowa State Fans said...

Looks like fun although I don't think i would purposely go looking for alligators.

I can't wait to see pics of your new pad......granite.....wow!

Glad you are back home safe and sound :) Call me when you have time!